UCH TASK FORCE ON COVID-19 PANDEMIC WEEK 27 APRIL TO 03 MAY, 202
UCH TASK FORCE ON COVID-19 PANDEMIC
WEEK 27 APRIL TO 03 MAY, 202
IPC, including PPES Logistics
• Task Force teams conducted monitoring and enforcement rounds to all designated areas in
• Crowd control in the offices and service points is gradually improving.
• There is also some improvement in the appropriate use and disposal of used PPEs. Other IPC measures, including physical distancing, hand hygiene, cough hygiene, and appropriate disposal of used PPEs, are generally gaining traction across the Hospital. It is still a work in progress and the Task Force teams continue to educate members of the community about the proper use of PPEs for clinical purposes.
• We commend HODs who are adapting their SOPs to the realities of providing services, maintaining IPC measures for the safety of staff and patients, and the availability of limited material resources in this era of COVID-19 pandemic.
• Task Force team visited Sepeteri on 28 April 2020 for needs assessment of the facilities on IPC and made recommendations on appropriate measures required for the safety of staff and patients at the centre.
• There are four COVID-19 cases: one on active case management at IDU, whose clinical condition is improving; and three in supervised self-isolation and home care.
• Early this week, HODs will receive a full list of Health and Safety officers representing the respective departments.
Please, concerned HODs are to validate or update their representatives as applicable and communicate to the office of CMAC at the earliest.
• Contacts of confirmed COVID-19 Hospital staff and patients, who have symptoms, should notify the Task Force immediately through the following number: 08131733982.
• Please continue to keep children and personal visitors away from all offices and service outlets. Activities for the Week (04-10 May 2020)
• The CMD will launch the UCH-made cloth facemasks on Monday, 04 May 2020, for community use by staff members.
• Training of Health and Safety officers from all departments in UCH on PPEs application and
overall safety in the current COVID-19 pandemic will take place on Thursday, 07 May 2020.
• Hospital Rounds and Spot Checks in all areas of UCH Community continue, and we solicit the support of the entire staff in this assertion:
If you see something, say something, and do something!
Please, for all Task Force related issues, call or send SMS to 09062980446